It’s time for us to take action!
The signs and impacts of global warming are speeding up, according to the most recent data compiled by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
The study revealed the five-year period from 2014 to 2019 is the warmest on record.
Sea-level rise has accelerated significantly over the same period, as CO2 emissions have hit new highs.
The study revealed the amount of the gas going into the atmosphere between 2015 and 2019 grew by 20% compared with the previous five years!
While global temperatures have risen by 1.1°C since 1850, the paper notes they have gone up by 0.2°C between 2011 and 2015.
Wherever you look on the planet right now, global warming is impacting the scale and intensity of extreme weather events such as heatwaves and wildfires. Sea-level rise and intense tropical storms led to humanitarian and economic catastrophes.
What can we do to help?
- Eat less meat
- Spread the word around you
- Buy less, choose better, make it last!
- Switch to a 100% renewable energy provider for your gas and electricity
- When deciding how to travel, choose the mean of transportation with the lowest carbon footprint
- Vote! Choose the candidates that intend to act on envrionmental issues
These are simple but impactful actions you can take to improve your carbon footprint and make your voice heard. Easy!