Learn how to make your own eco-friendly and zero-waste soap with this very simple recipe 🌿
Make soaps for you, or to gift your friends or family. You can make different colors, smells and shapes. Get creative 😉
You will save some money, avoid unnecessary packaging, and protect your skin with only natural products that you will select.
- For beginners it is better to start with pre-made soap base that you can buy online. (You can also choose to make the soap base but the process involves manipulating lye, which can be dangerous for your skin.)
- Cut the pre-made soap base into little cubes, and melt them into the microwave or the hob.
- Once melted, pour some essential oils for the smell. Use between 0.3 oz and 0.8 oz per pound of soap, depending on how strong you want the smell. Lavender is a classic, but you can choose whichever you prefer
- (Optional) Add some natural colorants. You can also use ingredients like cinnamon, cocoa powder, carrots, spinach that will give natural colors to the soap.
- Mix well, and pour into a mould. You can use a cake mould and then cut the soap, or use single moulds like the ones for muffins. You can also get special soap moulds online.
- (Optional) Add some flowers to make your soap look pretty.
- Let it rest for 48h.
For more ideas on how to be more eco-friendly, visit our website and find hundreds of easy eco tips 🌿
Find our favourite sustainable skin care brands in our Easy Eco Market